Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Orleans Web Design Blog

The purpose of this blog will be to discuss web design issues I run into while designing websites and the work around and fixes I use to solve these problems. I will also discuss programs that make web design a bit easier and some that are a waste of time. I primarily use Coda by Panic and CSSEdit by MacRabbit. Though I am much more comfortable on my Mac, I do use a PC at my full time job, so I won't leave anyone out. I prefer to hand code all of my sites and tend to stay away from WYSYG web design programs like Dreamweaver and so on.

I am also a Photoshop freak and I love to show off new techniques for creating web designs and interfaces. My job requires me to surf the web and find what other web designers are doing, so I am exposed to a lot of different web sites every day, and I may just post a list of great inspirations and resources. I believe the key to being a good web designer is constant exposure to new trends in web design and learning the new techniques every day.

I am a full time web designer in New Orleans, LA, and I work on about 4 or 5 web sites and designs a week, so i run into plenty of design issues. The company I work for creates e-commerce web sites that run a complex .ASP back end, and sometimes it reads the CSS a bit funky, so I may bring up issues that not everyone will run into. I also use a lot of javascript to fix browser compatibility issues, but I always look for the CSS or html work arounds first.

I will try to post regularly, and I assure you detailed content for both simple and advanced techniques.

No comments: